The days of stuffing smartphones into special phone pockets and akward arm bands might finally be over with the new Garmin Forerunner 745.
New tech updates to Garmin's awesome smartwatch mean not only can you pay for items while tracking your training, but take your tunes with you too.
The latest in the lauded Forerunner series sees the addition of Garmin Pay contactless payments, so now the smartphone can rest easy at home while you focus on your next run, swim, cycle or outdoor adventure.
And improved battery life means the watch can last up to a week on one charge.
Along with being more compact, faster, lighter, and all the good things updates bring, its workout features and training modes have recieved huge updates, giving you tailored guidance on your training load and VO2 max goals.
Plus, there are preloaded activity profiles for run, tri, cycling, swimming, and many more.
The watch also syncs with your current music provider, such as Amazon Music, Deezer, Spotify® and many others, and you can store up to 500 songs on your wrist making this the only device you need.
There are also advanced physio features such as heat and altitude acclimation to help your recovery.
Garmin Forerunner 745 features in detail
- Swim, bike, run — do it all with a smartwatch that uses multiple satellite systems to accurately track your workouts
- Switch up your workout routine whenever you like with preloaded activity profiles for running, triathlon, multisport, cycling, pool swimming, track running and more
- Receive on-device run and cycling daily workout suggestions based on your current training load and VO2 max
- Get training guidance by syncing structured indoor or outdoor workouts to your device from the Garmin Connect™ app or other apps3, including TrainingPeaks® and TrainerRoad
- Analyse more data to help you reach your race potential, including advanced running, cycling and swimming dynamics
- Bring music for every mile by syncing with music services2 such as Amazon Music, Deezer, Spotify® and more to easily store and play up to 500 songs from your wrist
- Leave your cash and cards at home; Garmin Pay™ contactless payments1 let you pay for purchases on the go
- Make it through your longest races with up to 1 week of battery life in smartwatch mode, 6 hours in GPS mode with music and 21 hours in UltraTrac™ mode