As summer shifts to winter, ride on as the clocks go back in the world's longest one-day road cycling race. Red Bull Timelaps challenges teams of cyclists to grab the last of summer riding on the weekend the clocks go back (Saturday and Sunday October 28-29), making it a gruelling 25-hour race against time.
As day turns to night and the clocks go back, the brave riders that won’t let darkness stop them will be able to make the most of the extra hour. At 02:00 a 'Power Hour' will be activated; riders will take on a shorter course where their laps will count double.
600 riders will compete in teams of four at the iconic Windsor Great Park, with one rider representing the team on the course at any given time. The team with the most laps wins.
WIN a team entry to Red Bull Timelaps!
Entering this competition is easy. All you need to do is make a purchase on Wiggle between September 23rd and October 1st 2017 and enter this code at checkout: TIMELAPS.
You will be automatically entered in a draw to win one of two team entries each worth £250. Winners will be notified by email and asked to register their team entry within 7 days of being notified by Wiggle.
Only one order per Wiggle account will be eligible to enter the draw but you can share the code with your friends to increase the chances of winning. See full terms and conditions below.
- This promotion is live from Saturday 23rd September to Sunday 1st October 2017, inclusive.
- All customers who complete a purchase within this period using code TIMELAPS in their order will be automatically entered in a draw to pick two winners of a team entry to the 2017 Red Bull Timelaps event.
- Only one order per Wiggle account will be eligible to enter the draw.
- Winners will be contacted by email before October 7th 2017 and asked to form and register a team entry within 7 days. Failure to do so will result in a new winner being drawn.
- The use of code TIMELAPS is incompatible with any other code at checkout.
Kit Choices for Red Bull Timelaps
Lights: You're riding through the night, so a good set of lights is crucial.
Winter Clothing: The end of October can be pretty chilly, especially at night.
A GPS Computer: Track the progress of yourself, and get your pacing right.
We recommend the Garmin Edge 820 GPS Cycle Computer
Nutrition: Make sure you are fuelled for the ride!
Check out our extensive range of Nutrition and Sports Drinks here
Wheels: If you can afford a new pair of wheels, then it's easy speed!
For a lightweight aero advantage, we recommend the Prime RP-50 Carbon Clincher Wheelset
Enjoy the ride, and best of luck in the Competition!